Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Let Forgiveness set YOU FREE


Who do YOU struggle to forgive in your life?

Forgiveness can be extremely tough. I tend to have a difficult time forgiving people who have hurt me or wronged me in some way, even though I know I should.

Just the other day, a physician made an a$$ of me publicly for a mistake that I made. It brought me to tears. Yes, I had made a mistake, but I was so upset with how he handled it. I already felt terrible for making a mistake and his actions just made me feel that much worse. The book I read today turned out to be exactly what I needed.

One of our 3 vital behaviors in Beachbody is personal development, and I am beginning to understand why.

Today I read a chapter from The Power of a Praying Woman by Stormie Omartian. I like her books because the chapters are short, which are perfect for my ADD brain, and really help me focus my prayers and help me see things in my life more clearly. At the end of each chapter is a prayer, which really seems to hit the spot.

The chapter was titled, "Lord, help me to be a forgiving person". Here are a few sentences from the prayer at the end of the chapter that really helped me, "Make me to understand the depths of my forgiveness so that I won't hold back forgiveness from others.  I realize that my forgiving someone doesn't make them right; IT MAKES ME FREE".

Forgiveness makes ME FREE! Wow, I never looked at it like that. Looking back at the times when I forgave people completely, I felt better afterwards. I felt relief. I felt FREE!

Who in your life do YOU NEED to forgive to be SET FREE?

No comments :

Post a Comment