Friday, March 21, 2014

My Transformation Story

Hi everyone!! My name is Jessica and I am a brand-spankin' new mom to the most handsome little boy a mom could dream of. I live in Iowa with my super hunky husband, Paul, and adorable Chihuahua Rossi. I am also a critical care nurse, health enthusiast, and an independent Beachbody coach.

My passion for health and fitness has been growing since I was younger when I was involved in sports. In my twenties, though, I fell away from an active lifestyle and found myself battling depression and a poor self-image. I began working to strengthen my relationship with God and focus on my health, and everything in my life seemed to fall into place. Soon after, I met my husband and my life was changed in more ways than one. Not only did I fall madly in love, but I also developed a deeper knowledge about clean eating and weight training. With his help, I began seeing physical and emotional results that I never thought possible.

We got engaged, and I felt like I was living a real life fairy tale. Shortly after getting married, we received the exciting news that we were expecting. Unfortunately, a few months into my pregnancy the daunting reality of intense fatigue, mood swings, pregnancy brain :), ligament pain and CRAVINGS set in. I was trying to continue to workout and eat healthy but felt like I was failing miserably. Staying healthy for my baby was beginning to be an uphill battle. Eight months in, still working out but only a few times a week, I found beachbody and shakeology. Shakeology gave me back my pre-pregnancy energy and life. I felt 100 times better adding Shakeology into my daily regimen, and I actually had the energy again to workout consistently.

With the introduction of our cute little bundle of joy came overwhelming happiness, as well as, a world-wind of challenges including little-to-no sleep, a jam-packed schedule, stress, and hormonal changes. My internal conflict with body image and depression began to surface, and I found myself getting sucked into a very dark place. I prayed that God would help me. Like so many times before, he did. My family provided a deeply rooted foundation of support; however, it was my Beachbody Challenge group, along with p90x and shakeology, that helped me rediscover my self-confidence and work toward getting back into shape after having my son.

I consider myself to be a constant work in progress. Instead of focusing on reaching my optimal physique, I strive for balance, consistency living a healthy lifestyle and to focus on what's truly important in my life; God, family and relationships.

I am grateful for what Beachbody has added to my life and hope that I can inspire others to live a healthy lifestyle.

If you're looking for a change in your life and get support, motivation, and accountability to reach your health and fitness goals, I would be more than happy to help you!!

You can add me as a friend on facebook HERE and send me a personal message to get more information. You can also email me at jess.statler@gmail.com

No comments :

Post a Comment