Thursday, March 27, 2014

Spicy Chicken Eggplant Pizza Recipe

Eggplant was on sale at Hy-Vee the other day, so I snatched up the opportunity to make some fun and easy meals. I posted my Eggplant Pizza the other day, and here is another.

I wanted to use up my left over Eggplant before it went bad, so I whipped up this little treat J
What was an experiment using what I had on hand, turned out to be quite tasty!!

Recipe:


Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes (if chicken is already cooked)

Ingredients & Materials: (this can be doubled or tripled depending on how many mouths you need to feed)  

  1. ½ Medium Eggplant (Cut into ¼-1/2 inch round slices, depending on desired thickness) I cut mine into ¼ inch slices but will do ½ inch next time since they were a bit flimsy. I also cut off the skin, but you can keep it on if you’d like.
  2. 2 Tablespoons All Natural Southwest Spicy Mustard -A little goes a long way-it’s a bit spicy J
  3. ¼ cup diced white or yellow onion (I used yellow)
  4.  ¼ cup Red Bell Pepper
  5. 2.5-3oz finely shredded cooked skinless, boneless chicken (You should cook this at home verses buying pre-cooked chicken, otherwise the fat and sodium levels will probably be much higher)
  6. Non-stick cooking spray
  7. Cooling Rack and Cookie Sheet or Broiling Pan Set (I used my Broiling Pan Set, but I think the cooling rack & cookie sheet works better)
  8. Spatula & Oven Mitts to remove pizzas when you’re done


Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
  2. When the oven is preheat, lightly spray your cooling pan or top of broiling pan with non-stick cooking spray.
  3. Place the eggplant slices spread out on top of the rack.  
  4. Place the cooling rack with eggplant on top of cookie sheet or top of broiling set onto of bottom pan if that’s what you are using.
  5. Bake in middle of oven for 10 minutes on 425 degrees.
  6. Remove from oven carefully when the timer goes off.
  7. Lightly spread southwest mustard evening on top of eggplant, similar to how you would prepare a pizza with pizza sauce.
  8. Next add small amount of shredded chicken to each eggplant piece, then add a small amount of diced onions and red peppers.

9. Place back in oven for an additional 10 minutes.
10. Remove from oven and plate.

Eat up!!



  • ½ of a Medium Eggplant made 6 pizzas, and I ate them all J The nutrition info is for all 6; however, you could cut the servings down to 3 if you’d like. I would also suggest eating it with a fork, because it was a tad messy but GOOD!


Nutrition Info for 6 pizzas

Calories: 219
Fat: 3g
Carbs:28g
Fiber:6
Protein: 20

No comments :

Post a Comment